Wednesday, March 22, 2006

4 days and counting

I didn't forget to post I just haven't been feeling the greatest. But the surgery is scheduled for next Monday, so that is wonderful news! I am praying that they find something and can treat it. The procedure is actually called a laparoscopy. It doesn't sound bad at all. The doctor will make an incision inside my belly-button (sweet!) and possibly one or two more if he needs to. It will be done in a surgery center and I get to go home that day.

I miss everything about ACU and I am so bummed that I didn't get to see Myland and Quay last night and all of the other kids from the Tuesday night class. Poor Jules is stuck by herself, but at least Bret taught us the power of cereal/crackers as bribery.

Staying at home has been nice though. My parents have been spoiling me so much. My mom reads to me quite a bit and makes sure I take my Vicodin four times a day. My dad is working from home on the days my mom works. He is so cute. He still dresses up in his Dockers and button-up shirts even though he is working on a card table in the family room. He made the couch bed for me today so I wasn't stuck upstairs all by myself for the whole day.

I had my pre-op appointment today. I met the doctor that's going to be doing the surgery and I like him a lot. He seems to know quite a bit about endometriosis and answered a lot of questions that my mom and I had.

I'm so afraid of missing this much school. I still don't know if I'm going to be able to make up some or all of my classes or if I am missing way too much class for that to even be a possibility. Dean Barnard called me today and he is going to contact all of my professors for me which is amazing.

Thank you everyone for your support, phone calls, e-mails, and prayers! If I find out anything about school I'll try to post. The plan right now is to come back as soon as I recover, but my post-op appointment isn't scheduled until April 6th which adds even more time away. There still is a possibility of having the post-op changed or even seeing a doctor in Abilene, which would mean coming back a little bit sooner. I can't wait to see everyone again :)

2 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger jamie said...

i miss you!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Jim Peterson said...

Hey kiddo! Glad you're on the road to recovery and that I get the chance to chat with you. And thanks for helping me with the moto gear! That's awesome. Well, just wanted to leave you a post on your blog. Woo hoo! You have a great day, and I'll be prayin'. Lates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home