Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cold Turkey

Well I'm not in a very bloggy mood but I thought I'd type on here real quick while I still feel like it.

I saw a doctor today that specializes in helping people that are dependent on opiates. He gave me several options of how I could get off of my pain killers, and I decided to just go for it and take the super-fast track. Now is the time to do it. I've been quitting since August very gradually, and I'm really sick of dragging it out.

So I took my very last pain pill at 2:23pm today. I am not feeling anything yet. He gave me several new drugs to help with the withdrawal symptoms. He said you can't die from opiate withdrawal, but you will just wish that you could. I will feel like I have the flu, get nauseous, probably vomit, be agitated and restless, have chills and sweats, and experience an increase in my pain levels. My dad brought me home a sack from Walgreens of all the medications I can take to help combat those symptoms.

The doctor said day 3 will probably be the worst, but after a week or so I will feel better (not like a million bucks, but better).

So this is the new plan! I am scared out of my mind but it was completely my choice to do it and I really want to go through with it.

I would appreciate all your prayers so much. Any strength and courage that I have to conquer this I know will come from God and Him alone. If you have any fitting verses to share with me that I can be meditating on while I'm sick, I would love that too - thank you, friends!

Here's a link if you want to know a little bit more about opiate withdrawal:
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Opiate withdrawal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home