Monday, July 10, 2006

Help the Kelp

I had a dream this morning that I went back to Abilene. The first thing I did was go to the grocery store to look for food I am allowed to eat. I went to the bakery to read the labels on the breads, and I either couldn't have them, or they didn't have labels with ingredients on them. Then I thought I would at least get some tuna if they had any of the brand I can have, but of course they didn't have any tuna at all!

After that, I woke up (in my dream) and realized it was time for chapel. I ran into my mom and her quilt friends (who all happened to be in Abilene for some reason) and told them where I was going. They told me it was 11:30 and I had missed it! Then I thought I would at least try to go to band, even though my pain was bad. Then I realized they would be marching outside! There was no way I could handle that!

Then I sat down and decided that 15 hours (or whatever I was signed up for) was too heavy a load. I began to plan to drop classes to where I would only be taking 1 or 2 for the semester.

---
I'm always bummed when I have dreams about IC and pain. My only true escape from the pain is usually sleep, so I don't like to be reminded!

Other than my cruddy dream-life, things have been going okay. My mom just brought me home 2 (count them - 2!) kinds of animal crackers that are IC-friendly. Mmm mmm mmm.

I ate 2 Skittles the other day (not IC-friendly of course) and they were pure bliss. Oh how I miss candy like that!

The best news of course is that I got in to see a pain management doctor who specializes in IC. Julia read up on him and found out that he just moved from Tennessee to Colorado this past January - right when I started to get sick! I know that God is taking care of me and I am so thankful to Him for this appointment. It is July 24th, so I would love for prayers that it goes well.

Who reads this blog anyways? I always run into people who say they read it and I think, "really???". So don't be shy, leave a comment if you want so I know who's out there. That way I won't accidentally say anything bad about you on here. Or maybe I will just feel more free to hassle you. We'll see.

6 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes your dad reads your blog.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger jamie said...

you are more than welcome to say bad things about me on your blog anytime.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You know I'm a fan of the Lisa blogging!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

I love you, Lis and I've missed you! Call when you're feeling up to it and we'll get together!

Hugs,

Stace

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

phone booth junkies!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Heather said...

How coincidental is this?

Who reads this blog anyways? I always run into people who say they read it and I think, "really???". So don't be shy, leave a comment if you want so I know who's out there. That way I won't accidentally say anything bad about you on here. Or maybe I will just feel more free to hassle you. We'll see.

We're living parallel lives in that regard - though I think I've probably already made the "accidental" type post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home