Friday, June 06, 2008

Derek Dream

So I had a dream the other morning about Derek Webb. I was in a grocery store with my brother Ryan (who then turned into someone who was sort of like Chris Washington) and he left. While I was waiting for him to come back, I suddenly decided that I should go to the Derek Webb concert that the grocery store was hosting in a back room.
When I got in there, Derek was playing "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor" and he didn't have Derek's charmingly scratchy voice. He didn't even look like Derek! If it wasn't for the red curly hair, he might have looked like game show host J.D. Roth from Fun House.
After he finished singing his drunken sailor song, he did not start in on excellent Derek Webb music. Instead, he started promoting his new boxed set (there is not one of these in real life). He started announcing to everyone in the room how, not only did they need to buy one box set, but two, because you would get a special deal that way.
I was really starting to regret ever being a fan of Derek when I finally woke up from the nightmare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home